Tuesday, July 27, 2010

¿EAT MY FLESH & DRINK MY BLOOD?

"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst... For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me... The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven... I am that bread of life. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world."
(John 6:35-52)


This is a hard saying. How can Jesus give His flesh to these people to eat? 
Isn't cannibalism a sin?
Even the Jews did not understand this saying...

"The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him." (v.52-56)



Jesus has now taken it two steps further. He says to eat His flesh and to drink His blood!
He goes on to say that unless we eat His flesh and drink His blood we don't even have life in us.
Finally he says if we eat His flesh and drink His blood that we dwell in Him and at the same time He dwells in us. This defies the laws of physics, something cannot live inside of you if you are inside of it.

¿So WHAT IS HE TALKING ABOUT?!?

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." (V.63)


Of course it's the Word! It is the Word that teaches you how to obtain everlasting life, i.e about Jesus. It was the Word that told those Jews He was speaking to that He was the Messiah (Those that believed).



-TUNE IN DAILY DURING VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL. 8/1/10-8/7/10- 

May the Lord add a blessing to the reading of His word...



LOCKSMIF... LLAVES (keys)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe Now: standard

Popular Posts