In the Bible, God created the planets, stars, moon and sun in 5 days, created Man and Beast on the 6th and rested on the 7th.
As we read in Genesis there is no mention of any of the 7 days having names.
"And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day...And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day...And the evening and the morning were the third day" [and so on] (Genesis 1:1-31).
We can see right off the back SUNday, MO(ON)day, SATURday
They also named each hour after a particular celestial body:
1st hour: Saturn
2nd hour: Jupiter
3rd hour: Mars
4th hour: the Sun
5th hour: Venus
6th hour: Mercury
7th hour: the moon
The 8th hour would recycle to the Saturn hour, as would the 15th and 22nd. Following this pattern, the 23rd hour would be Jupiter, the 24th Mars, and the 1st hour of the next day would be the Sun.
- Sunday dies solis - the day of the Sun. Originally dedicated to its worship (it is no mistake that Rome forced Christians to worship on Sunday instead of the Sabbath).
- Monday - the day of the moon. As the brightest light in the night sky, it is of no wonder why the moon should be a day of the week in pagan socities.
- Tuesday - TIW (aka) the god mars. He presided over strife and litigation. Now we can claim that America was a unified Christian nation spawned from a unified English Christian nation; but that's not real. Tuesday is named after the god of judgment. It is therefore no suprise that Tuesday would also be court day in most municipalities across the U.S... 'The day for combat, or commencing litigation'.
- Wednesday Woden (odin) - a diety of the northern nations of Europe.
- Thursday Thor (Jupiters) - The god of thunder
- Friday Freya (Venus) - The venus of the North
- Saturday (Saturn) - The day of Saturn
LET IT BE KNOWN: The Bible says: "And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth" (Exodus 23:13). However, in accomodating this command we would render ourselves, as beliver's, unable to communicate with the rest of the world. We would have to leave the earth. (1Corinthians 5:9) For as the title suggests: Paganism IS All Around Us!
1 Corinthians 5:9